5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 3:47 AM by himanshu.gautam RSS

Basic opencl amdblas appml math library doubt

hemantp Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Sir,

i have instaled appml math library.

i had manually changed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (IT WAS PERFECT) in the /etc/profile and export(ed) it but still on executing the examples the error libclAmdBlas.so.1 not found.

then i ran the script appmlEnv.sh and the scripts started executing.

i read the .sh file and i did the steps which i had already previously done manually.

i just wondering is the .sh script doing something different that i am missing ??

Thank You

• Re: Basic opencl amdblas appml math library doubt
    himanshu.gautam Master

Probably you should post details about what you did, and the contents of the script. It might be the case, that script is setting up the paths for all users (and / or permanently), while, you are setting it up for only the current terminal. Just guessing

Regards

Himanshu , Bruhaspati

--------------------------------

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

• Re: Re: Basic opencl amdblas appml math library doubt
      hemantp Newbie

attached a small file of the /etc/profile changes i made.

as a matter of fact the .appmlEnv.sh(provided) script works only for the current terminal.and i have to execute it every time i try to run the examples.

i have not compiled the c files given in the samples just using the ones directly in bin64.

• i am new and fairly noobish in gpu computing.
      • are here any examples which illustrate how to integrate these libraries into existing opencl code.?
      • if possible could you please outline the steps,
      • i am decent in opencl .cl programming and noticed the absence of .cl files in the appml libraries.
      • if you fell u have to add something please do

thank you

Edit:

i read the cmdblas readme and used cc make to compile the c code sucessfully.

however the error:

/opt/clAmdBlas-1.10.321/samples1>$ ./example_sgemm./example_sgemm: error while loading shared libraries: libclAmdBlas.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

solved as usual by running appmlenv.sh and exits only for present terminal session.

what am i missing what have i done wrong?

himanshu.gautam Master

Looks like you are finally able to compile the library within a shell. To setup blas library's variable system-wide, check:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnvironmentVariables

Another solution maybe to put the appmlEnv.sh inside /etc/profile.d/.

To see the kernels you can run the BLAS samples using CodeXL.

Regards

Himanshu , Bruhaspati

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

• Re: Re: Basic opencl amdblas appml math library doubt
          hemantp Newbie

thanks for tip about env variables.

under the section file-location related varibles it says

"LD_LIBRARY_PATH cannot be set in $HOME/.profile, /etc/profile, nor /etc/environment files. You must use /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf configuration files"

so i do that but i dont have a proper idea about how to name the .conf file,so i set it to clamdblas.conf and insert /opt/clAmdBlas-1.10.321/lib64 inside it.

however no sucess.

i checked out your defaukt-install_lnx_64.pl (installing amd app sdk) file and in there there's a long section about setting env variables and it does use the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf configuration files.so is how do i do this for clamdblas.

as for putting appmlEnv.sh inside /etc/profile.d/

i get the message "Patching LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include APPML math libraries" when i open terminal session,but this doesnt work too.

maybe this is too much pain for running examples but suppose if i were using these clamdblas libraries within code how should i accommodate for these enviornment variables??

as for "To see the kernels you can run the BLAS samples using CodeXL."

i fail to understand as to how is this possible.when you open a new project in codexl it asks for the "kernel source files directory"

himanshu.gautam Master

To Open bashrc: gedit ~/.bashrc

Put this in your bashrc for default installation directory.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/clAmdBlas-1.10.321/lib64:/opt/clAmdBlas-1.10.321/lib32:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Also most likely, you can run codexl without specifying the kernel directory.

Regards

Himanshu , Bruhaspati

More Like This

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points