5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 9:36 PM by himanshu.gautam RSS

Adding a AMD GPU for computing along side a NVIDIA GPU

cdg2lax Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

In my current workstation I want to install a HD-7770-GE along side a Quadro FX580.

The Quadro will continue to server the monitor while I will be using the Radeon for non graphical computing.

1) Is that possible?

2) If yes what are the recommended step during the installation of the Radeon GPU and the AMD sdk 2.8?

Device Manager show that  NVIDIA OpenCL drivers are already installed.

I do not need any fancy stuff from the graphical card and I am find if I loose the ability to run video or complex graphic. 

(mostly use vim for programming...)

Dell T7500

Dual Intel X5560 (2.8 GHz) 6 GB DDR3

Windows Server R2 Enterprise.

Thanks.

• Re: Adding a AMD GPU for computing along side a NVIDIA GPU
    himanshu.gautam Master
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi ,

There is a similar thread already: http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1286801#1286801

Although that thread is about setting up NVIDIA (display) + AMD(compute) on ubuntu.

I am still working on the linux setup, but i had recently created a setup on windows. I had just installed AMD Graphics driver, AMD APP SDK and NVIDIA driver. I could use the AMD GPU in this setup without any problems. I will update the system details tomorrow, as it is a local holiday here and I am out of office

Regards

Himanshu , Bruhaspati

--------------------------------

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

More Like This

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points