14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 3:38 PM by chembro RSS

Worse performance with Catalyst 13.1 in TF2 (and slightly in Serious Sam 3)

chembro Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Today I installed the Catalyst 13.1 driver on Arch Linux (32bit). Before I had the Catalyst 12.11 beta 11 driver installed. My video card is a Radeon HD 6670. And I must say, I am dissapointed, especially because you wrote in the release notes, that you fixed some Valve Linux game performances or so.

At the moment, TF2 is for me unplayable with the normal, standard setting I got, when starting the game the first time. The game stutters all the time. It's not a "real" stutter, I don't know, it's like, the game goes into slow motion for parts of a second then is normal and then again in this slow motion again. A weird stutter. But it makes the game unplayable. I can't react accordingly in the game, because of the constant slow downs.

In Serious Sam 3, the fps seem to be okay, but the time, frames take to render seems to be worse than before. Serious Sam 3 has a second measurement besides the fps and these red numbers indicate, that the frame render time is to high every now and then. It's not so bad like in TF2, because the game is playable, but it is worse than with the 12.11 beta 11 driver. Also in my recordings with glc (an opengl grabber, or so), I have many and hard flickers or so, tearing. Really bad tearing.

More Like This