3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 11:55 PM by yurtesen RSS

CodeAnalyst vs CodeXL ?

yurtesen Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

It looks like CodeAnalyst and CodeXL share a lot of features, is CodeXL successor to CodeAnalyst? I am not able to tell why AMD has multiple similar programs. In addition maybe my understanding of these programs are not complete because I wasnt able to run CodeAnalyst very reliably on newer (new versions of Fedora,Ubuntu) Linux distributions and it looks like CodeXL is much more compatible. So why AMD is developing 2 similar programs?

Thanks,

Evren

• Re: CodeAnalyst vs CodeXL ?
    yurtesen Apprentice

I guess what I would like to know is if CodeXL is successor to CodeAnalyst?

• Re: CodeAnalyst vs CodeXL ?
      dorono Moderator

Hi,

CodeXL is the successor to Code Analyst.

Most of the Code Analyst features have already been included in CodeXL among many improvements and bug fixes. We're working on adding to CodeXL the few Code Analyst features that are not there yet.

CodeXL is still in Beta stage but a formal release is coming soon.

Doron Ofek

Advanced Micro Devices

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Doron Ofek

Advanced Micro Devices

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

More Like This

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points